Here are the TOP 3 Headache Home Remedies for you.
Has your day been ever ruined by headache due to cold in the recent past? Does headache pester you in the morning after a night of binge drinking? Do you complain of headache after spending long hours in front of your PC?
Headaches are a common occurrence and are of several types. However, tension headache is the most common.
Headache can be due to one reason or a combination of two or more factors. For instance,
• physiological changes in the head
• constriction of blood vessels
• abnormal neuron activities
• anxiety and stress
• excessive smoking
• excessive alcohol intake
• caffeine addiction
• genetic factors
• eye strain
• neck strain
• medical conditions such as hypoglycemia, fever, dental conditions, etc.
• overuse of painkillers
• PMS (Premenstrual syndrome)
• sinus infection
• high altitudes
• meningitis or tumors (rare cases)
It is interesting to note that the brain itself cannot sense pain because it does not have nerves that are sensitive to pain. Thus, the pain originates from the tissues and structures surrounding the brain.
If you are not a pop-a-pill advocate here are some natural and safe home remedies.
Home Remedy 1
• Take a handful of coriander or mint leaves.
• Crush the leaves to extract the juice.
• Apply this juice on the forehead and temples.
Home Remedy 2
• Take equal parts of lemon juice and ginger juice.
• Mix them.
• Drink this juice once or twice.
Home Remedy 3
• Take 1 teaspoon of dry ginger or sonth.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of water.
• Apply this paste on your forehead and temples to relieve the pain.
If you do not have dry ginger, heat ginger paste and then apply. Initially, you might feel a burning sensation, though.
• If you are prone to headaches, include bananas in your diet or take an apple with a sprinkling of salt.
• Pomegranate juice also helps get over headache and nausea.
• Apply an ice pack on your forehead, temples, and back of the neck.
• Another way to get rid of headache (when caused by gas) is to pinch the area with your thumb and fingers for about 5 minutes.
• If your headache is accompanied by symptoms like stiff neck, loss of balance, speech disturbances, mental disturbances, numbness, loss of consciousness, etc., consult your doctor.